Philly Cheese Sloppy Joes
Who else loves Pinterest? I love pinning all of my favorite things and recently I've found lots of great recipes. My hubby has gotten in the habit of looking over my shoulder and eyeing the pics as I pin away. Today, due to a case of pink eye I had lots of time to pin great ideas and recipes. The Philly Cheese Sloppy Joes made my mouth water. Hubby and the kiddos loved them and put them on the repeat list. This recipe made enough for two nights for a family of four.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 softball-sized onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons steak sauce (I used A-1)
1 cup beef stock (I used canned beef broth)
Salt and ground black pepper
4 dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup provolone, shredded
In large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil and then brown the ground beef, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and green pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables start to get tender. Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes. Serve on buns and top with grated provolone.
Tags:
recipes

0 comments